I’m going to track some of the media output on the Khyra Ishaq case today to see who is a DCSF lapdog. Lapdogs get a FAIL, reporting the facts without comment from Badman or the like gets a PASS. Feel free to put any you find in the comments or Tweet me and I’ll add them.
- BBC - Could Khyra Ishaq have been saved? A spectacular fail too, but with their track record of being anti-HE not at all unexpected. Note - the BBC have a complaints form if you find the above as offensive as I do. Maire, Tech, Debs, Jax and Jemmo have blogged theirs. Advise on HOW you complain to the BBC from Hecate including the relevant bits of the Broadcasting Code.
- Not the Guardian’s fault they’re just printing what the Statement from Birmingham Safeguarding Children Board has to say, which boils down to some serious buck passing and scapegoating, just as you’d expect!
- Daily Mail - Mother guilty of deliberately starving daughter, 7, to death despite numerous visits from social workers
- Channel 4 - Khyra Ishaq’s mother convicted of manslaughter
- Birmingham Mail - Khyra Ishaq death: Child starved to death surrounded by food
- Channel 4 - ‘Alarm bells should have rung’
- Guardian - Khyra Ishaq: the warning signs that were missed
- Times - Khyra Ishaq: locked away without food and punished with a cane
- Telegraph - Mother of Khyra Ishaq cleared of murder
- Sky News - Judge Condemns Council Over Girl Who Starved
- 24dash - Birmingham City Council apologises for failing to save starved Khyra
- Times - Judge attacks council over Khyra Ishaq who was starved to death
- Independent - Mother of Khyra Ishaq who starved to death cleared of murder